Subject: Re: O2 sync almost done
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/09/2003 12:57:50
On Wed Jan 08 2003 at 15:57:35 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> According to the DS17287 docs, the century byte is located in bank 1, offset
> 0x48.  Probably should initialize the clock to bank 1 and leave it there,
> possibly split off ds17287-specific clock get/set routines from the stock
> mcclock routines as there's no century provision in the base code.

Are you sure it's a ds17287? I remember the IRIX headers hint something
to that direction, but at least on my O2 the top of chip says: DS1678-5.
(the physical top, that is). Feel free to peek inside of yours and see
what it ate.

Of course it could be that these chips are compatible enough, but I
don't have time to check that right now.

  - antti

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/