Subject: Re: O2 sync almost done
To: <>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/08/2003 00:29:41
In message <200301080416.h084FxW05346@fearless-vampire-killer.waterside.net>,
I wrote:

-> Hmm, I'll make sure I boot to IRIX and reset the date so I start out with
-> something sane and see what I get -- I'll also try to dump out what the
-> driver reads/writes.  I gotta catch up on sleep tonight, but I'll send
-> a note with what I find (most likely outcome: it'll just work 8-).

OK, so perliminary results of my playing tonight are:
	* The RTC should indeed by attached at RTC_BASE + 7.
	* The RTC appears to store the complete year, rather than an offset
	  from some base -- for example, setting the date to 2003 sets the
	  year register to 0x03 and setting it to 1983 sets it to 0x83. I
	  am not sure where the century value gets tucked; it could be in
	  DOW or maybe in the NVRAM?
	* I bet fixing the latter will make things happy for both IRIX/
	  ARCS and NetBSD.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill