Subject: Re: New IP32 kernel/patchset
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/31/2002 18:35:38
On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 10:18:33AM +0100, Hendrik Scholz wrote:

> My SCSI chain consists of one (or two) SCSI disks which are detected
> from "hinv -t".

hinv, I think, just probes the bus rather than issuing commands to the various
SCSI devices.

> I had the same problems with the older "latest O2 diff" and then built a
> kernel to disable the Adaptec controller and add support for a Symbios
> based scsi controller which I plugged into the PCI slot.
> I got the same errors from that controller.

Okay, it's not a driver issue if it persists with different controllers.

If I had to guess, I'd have to say that your drives are bad (same make and
model?).  I had a similar issue with a Seagate drive on my ip22, which would
respond to the bus probe but would timeout during msgout.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)