Subject: Re: O2 issues.
To: josh lynch <strike@bitstream.net>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/27/2002 08:56:02
In message <p05200d00ba09fb302c10@[192.168.1.102]>, you write:

-> At 7:54 PM -0500 11/26/02, Rafal Boni wrote:
-> >In message <p05200d05ba09babea0ad@[192.168.0.207]>, you write:
-> >
-> >-> I'm running into a few weird issues with my 180Mhz O2 w/o secondary
-> >-> cache.
-> >
-> >Bonus: you may actually have some luck with a SC-less O2.  We have no
-> >code to drive the SC correctly, so all SC models blow chunks early on.
->
-> Yes, I have a 180/512k processor module that I've tried with
-> obviously no success. Isn't it possible to disable the secondary
-> cache on these? <flipping through "See MIPS Run"...>

Yes and it's even easy to do (turn off the SE bit in the config register);
Chris has code to do this and fix up the cache handling code to deal in his
tree somewhere, and I have it in my email somewhere as well.  I'll forward
it to the list if I can find it quickly...

I've been (so far unsuccesfully) trying to get a R5000SC module off eBay
for my O2 so I can be of some help in getting the SC code debugged and in
the tree... we'll see how that goes.

-> >  Unfortunately, none of
-> >that code is in the tree yet.  Maybe I'll try and do a mini-sync over
-> >the Thanksgiving holiday (ie, this weekend for the non-US folks out
-> >there 8-).
->
-> That would be great! Is Chris (or yourself) making it available
-> somewhere right now?

No (at least I'm not, and AFAIK neither is Chris, as we've been exchanging
code via email for the most part), but I'll try and put it up somewhere and
send a URL to it in the near future (there are two reasons I don't want to
do that right now: first, my tree is stuck in the past -- the last time I
synced my O2 tree was ~ end-of-August and a lot has changed since then, and
second, even in the current state, it still has a long way to go and needs
a lot of cleanup).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill