Subject: Re: NetBSD/sgimips success on Indigo2 Impact
To: Jason Gunnoe <jason@gunnoe.org>
From: Steve Rumble <steve@paintballresource.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/15/2002 12:23:34
I believe the Indigo^2 is minidin8.

Serial pinouts are listed here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/Hardware/Misc/serial.html

If you don't have a din 8 cable to play with, Compusa's website was selling mac mini8 cables from belkin for like $1.29 a piece a few days ago. www.ultraspec.com also sells SGI-specific minidin8 cables for $3/$4 (db9/db25).

The mac ones probably have most of the lines wired funny, but Rx and Tx are good and they work fine. Just get a null modem cable for in between.

-Steve