Subject: Re: NetBSD/sgimips success on Indigo2 Impact
To: James Dooley <james@jdooley.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Markus_B=F6ing?= <markus@boeing-online.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/15/2002 10:54:30
Am Donnerstag den, 14. November 2002, um 23:53, schrieb James Dooley:

>   After installing and rebooting, the system complained that rc.conf
> was not configured, so would only boot in to single-user mode. I had
> to use `mount -A` to get r/w access to the / partition and then use
> the ex line-editor to change the line from configured=NO to =YES.
> I'm curious as to why the system defaults to thinking it is not
> configured. I don't remember having to do this when installing on
> my Sun Ultra workstation.

I experienced identical behavior installing NetBSD (v1.5, v1.5.2,
v1.5.3, v1.6) on a DEC Alpha and a SGI Indy (v1.6) machine. Both
machines are head-less and were installed from serial console.

However, I seem to remember that installation of v1.5.2 on a i386 box
did correctly set rc_configured=YES. This box did not use serial console.

/Markus.