Subject: ARCS on Origin 200
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: josh lynch <strike@bitstream.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/18/2002 13:33:34
Hi all,
I just got an Origin200 from a friend free. I'm fairly familiar with
the lower end SGI models, but not so much with these. I want to try
and take a stab at getting NetBSD to support this monster. So I have
a couple of quick questions:

1. Is there a way ARCS(which is a completely different version than
previous ARCS?) can load 32bit ELF kernels?

2. Could there be a secondary boot-loader that's 64bits that just
loads the 32bit kernel? What are the basic implications?

I haven't had a chance to look at the Linux code base yet (they seem
to have initial support for the O200, yet the oss.sgi.com cvs server
seems to be down) so I thought I'd ask here first. Sorry for my naive
questions, I'm fairly new to MIPS et al. Thanks in advance!

--josh