Subject: Re: Problem Booting netbsd on a O2
To: James Green <jamesg@PARRIMARK.COM.AU>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/03/2002 19:32:51
--==_Exmh_-1293311356P

In message <C050FDBA0D45D511AF5000E0290B460C270DCB@MERCURY>, James writes:

-> As one who would like to see NetBSD on his O2, is this the right place to
-> listen for further news on NetBSD on the O2?

Yes; as soon as it's back to a state of at least minimal general-usability
we'll let the list know...

-> (I am not very good at kernel coding, but able & more than willing to test
-> other peoples code)

Right now the problems of the code are fairly well known and it's just a
matter of getting code written to deal with them... Remote access (with
a TFTP server and either remote power or someone with a paperclip to
un-wedge the system) may be useful in the near future, but some more
code needs to be written before I'd even ask for that sort of thing...

Don't mistake the above as any sort of putdown (there will be a time
when we'll need all the testing and debugging we can get 8-), but the
code just isn't ready for the average or even moderately sophisticated
user -- right now it's probably only useful to those who feel comfortable
with doing low-level OS debugging/coding, have the time and enjoy that
challenge...

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C

--==_Exmh_-1293311356P

--==_Exmh_-1293311356P--