Subject: Re: INDY pbus device
To: Robert Boehne <rboehne@attbi.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/20/2002 11:57:11
In message <3D8AAD25.E9C392D@attbi.com>, you write:

-> Hello,
->
-> Do I need to have a "pbus" device (and driver) as a child
-> of hpc0 for mouse/keyboard drivers on an Indy?

Yes, and right now neither exists...

-> Would the kernel config look somthing like this?
->
-> hpc0            at gio? addr 0x1fb80000
-> # HPC devices
-> pbus0           at hpc0 offset ?
-> pckbc0         at pbus0 device ?

It would if those drivers existed 8-)

-> Also, what is the IOC2?

The IOC is the integrated I/O controller which contains the keyboard/mouse
interface, serial interfaces, parallel interface, timers, an interrupt
controller, power/volume control, ISDN glue, ...

Previous to the Indy (ie, on the Indigo2), most of the IOC components were
discrete chips which were integrated for the Indy as a cost-reduction step.

See ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/doc/indy/ioc.ps for more info... There's
a bunch of other IP22 documentation there as well.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill