Subject: Re: indigo2 video goes out on boot
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
From: Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/10/2002 23:42:18
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:31:31AM -0400, Rafal Boni wrote:
> Please report to the list if you have issues with kernels found there..  I'm

i tried a bunch of kernels, of all of them (except the old .ip22) gave me
this:

Text start 0x69000, size 0x2d4dac doesn't fit in a FreeMemory area

actually, i also got an old TEAL kernel to boot, looking for an nfs server.
the netbsd-INSTALL kernels contain a rootfs image with sysinst, right?

> 99% certain I've fixed the "video wigs out on boot" problem you mention in
> your email a looong time ago, though running with ARCS console isn't really
> a suggested thing to do either -- ARCS likes to grab various control char-
> acters and process them itself (control-C will end you back in the PROM
> with no way that I know of to return to the kernel, control-D does some-
> thing along those lines as well, ...), which makes it pretty hard to use
> the ARCS console for "Real Work"(tm).  Folks on the list have suggested
> ways to deal with this, but I haven't had time to code anything up, never
> mind test it 8-/

netbsd doesn't take over the machine? i thought arcs was just like srm on
alpha. just for booting.

--
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net>
DSA Key ID 0xE6CB97DA