Subject: Re: post installation steps fail
To: Andreas Rother <a.rother@gmx.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/29/2002 13:58:36
--==_Exmh_-127090512P

In message <13734.1030472061@www59.gmx.net>, you write:

-> Rafal Boni wrote:
-> > The latest official 1.6_RC build is at:
-> > 	ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/200208190000/sgimips/
-> >
-> (...)
-> > Let me know if that helps (and how the 1.6_RC install goes should you
-> > have a go at that),
->
-> Thanks for the hint with 1.6_RC. I've downloaded the files and installed the
-> custom installation without X and games. I'm impressed that I worked so
-> smooth. Well done!

Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you!  I'm still not sure of the status of
X for sgimips (it should be shared with the other BE mips platforms),
but I'm glad as much as you tested works for you.

-> The issue with the sgi volume header seems to be solved in 1.6_RC. I'm not
-> that sure because I've messed up my PROM and tried both sgivol and changing
-> PROM parameters and now it boots without problems.

Good!  There was an issue I had with the ECOFF bootloader (it was not being
recognized on my old Indigo2), but I don't think that was your issue, and
anyway it should be fixed in 1.6_RC1.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C

--==_Exmh_-127090512P

--==_Exmh_-127090512P--