Subject: Re: post installation steps fail
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
From: Andreas Rother <a.rother@gmx.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/27/2002 20:14:21
Rafal Boni wrote:
> The latest official 1.6_RC build is at:
> 	ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/200208190000/sgimips/

(...)
> Let me know if that helps (and how the 1.6_RC install goes should you
> have a go at that),

Thanks for the hint with 1.6_RC. I've downloaded the files and installed the
custom installation without X and games. I'm impressed that I worked so
smooth. Well done!

The issue with the sgi volume header seems to be solved in 1.6_RC. I'm not
that sure because I've messed up my PROM and tried both sgivol and changing
PROM parameters and now it boots without problems.

Andreas

--
Andreas Rother

http://www.gmx.net