Subject: IP12 hardware information
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/24/2002 23:55:50
Hi,
I've got an Indigo sitting here dying to be set free of it's Irix 5.3
shackles.

I've heard rumours of a port to this old box, but not seen any
announcements or code. Is there anyone working on a port?

Also, browsing through the headers from the 5.3 IDO, all the hardware
addresses and info could be gleaned from here. Are the macros definitions
etc sufficient, or is more concrete hardware documentation needed?

If headers are sufficient, would it be worth lobbying SGI to make the
non-USL headers available under an OpenSource license, so they could be
used with NetBSD/other?

Just some thoughts as the list is a bit quiet.

Christian

--
    /"\
    / \