Subject: my 20020502 snapshot fails
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/22/2002 23:53:35
I just discovered that the install kernel that is in my snapshot
on ftp.mrynet.com in /pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/INDY/snapshot-20020502
is broken on some platforms.  It drops into the debugger with a
duplicate inode panic when starting to label the disk.

It turns out the ram filesystem image was down to about 300k.
This was apparently the cause for the panic.  I've rebuilt the
install kernel as 4mb instead of 3mb and put the new copies
into the distribution tree.

Anyone who has encountered this error can pick up the new
install kernel, diskimage.tgz or the cdrom.gz image now and
it should work again.

Sorry for the problem.  I don't know exactly under what circumstances
it fails, but the current images have been tested on all INDY types
and an R4000 Indigo 2.

Regards,
-scott