Subject: Re: New sgimips snapshot for INDY/Indigo 2, dated 20020409
To: Robert Boehne <rboehne@attbi.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/16/2002 08:26:26
In message <3CBBBD48.79BA0FA9@attbi.com>, you write:

-> sgimips NetBSD list wrote:
-> >
-> ...
-> > You shouldn't need any type of media setting for the sq driver.  Remove
-> > the "media ethernet" completely.
-> >
-> > A man page for sq(4) hasn't been written yet.  Looking at the driver code,
-> > there isn't anything configurable for it--looks to be just a basic driver.
-> > Rafal Boni wrote it, so if there's something really necessary to mention
-> > about it having anything configurable he might chime in about it.
-> >
-> > -scott
->
-> Thanks, taking out "media..." did help a bit.  I'm currently
-> getting a copy of the XF86 4.2 cvs branch onto a local drive
-> on the Indy.  I intend to see if I can get X working...

I've got patches to NetBSD's xsrc necessary to build the X server
sitting on some machine, but I never got around to testing, as I
never wrote the keyboard/mice drivers for the Indy/Indigo2, and
X was never too high of a priority for me (my primary machine is
a gfx-less Challenge S and the only machine with hopes of running
an X server is the slooow 133 Mhz Indy 8-).

If you're interested in those (I haven't tested them lately, so I
suppose some of the changes to xsrc between when I did them and
now could have broken them, but they're probably a good starting
point), I can mail them to you privately or post them to the list
if there's more interest.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
   Need to get a hold of me?  http://http.eiab.edial.com/800.edial/rafal