Subject: Re: New sgimips snapshot for INDY/Indigo 2, dated 20020409
To: pascal dameme <netinet@freesurf.fr>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/13/2002 18:56:10
> Hi,
>
> I successfully upgraded from your March snapshot to this one, over the
> network,
> on an Indigo2 "teal" ,  R4600 cpu.
> No problem so far (would be nice to have the L2 cache, tough ...)
> My dmesg follows

Oh, also, can you tell me if you installed from your CD drive?  It would
be important information for me to know if you succeeded in this with
your CD drive being on the the first scsi bus (scsibus0) when you have
two busses on the Indigo 2.

Also...

> sd2 at scsibus0 target 3 lun 0: <TOSHIBA, CD-ROM XM-3401TA, 1534> SCSI2
> 0/direct fixed
> sd2: could not mode sense (4/5); using fictitious geometry
> sd2(wdsc0:0:3:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>     SENSE KEY:  Not Ready
>      ASC/ASCQ:  Medium Not Present
>
> sd2(wdsc0:0:3:0): could not get size
> sd2: 0, 0 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 0 sectors
> sd2: async, 8-bit transfers

That doesn't look good.  That should have been probed as cd0 instead of sd2.
I haven't seen this before.  Perhaps there are quirks necessary in the kernel
to identify this as a CD drive.

I'll take a check into it, unless someone else knows quickly what the issue
is.

Thanks again,
-scott