Subject: Re: New sgimips snapshot for INDY/Indigo 2, dated 20020409
To: pascal dameme <netinet@freesurf.fr>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/13/2002 18:41:21
> Hi,
>
> I successfully upgraded from your March snapshot to this one, over the
> network,
> on an Indigo2 "teal" ,  R4600 cpu.
> No problem so far (would be nice to have the L2 cache, tough ...)

Wonderful.  Thanks for letting me know this, Pascal.

Yes, I should be providing an L2-enabled kernel for the R4XXX folks.
Providing the GENERIC kernels with L2 cache disables allows the
kernel to be used for both R4XX and R5K cpu machines.
I will work this into the release process.

Until then, I've built and provided L2-enabled kernels in the
snapshot tree.  The kernels provided are:

	netbsd-GENERIC-L2.gz
	netbsd.ecoff-GENERIC-L2.gz

And for other gentle readers, these L2 kernels will not work on R5K
cpu machines.

and are located in the snapshot:

ftp.mrynet.com:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/INDY/snapshot-20020409/binary/kernel

Thanks again,
-scott