Subject: Re: indigo r4k.
To: Erik Reid <reide@darkest.org>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/04/2002 00:10:10
On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:27:41PM -0700, Erik Reid wrote:
> Building databases...
> <sit>
>
> So, it's getting close. :)
>
> Anyone know why it would sit there?  tcpdump is seeing an nfs packet every now and
> then, but it really doesn't seem to be doing anything.  Running pwd_mkdb manually
> has the same effect.  It also doesn't respond to ctrl-c at that time.  I've got
> options MIPS3_L2CACHE_ABSENT defined in the config, can that be detrimental?
>
> No keyboard/mouse support yet, though it did work when I had a working head previously
> via the ARCS stuff, so it might be working.
>
> Still haven't got the scsi controller recognized properly, but it shouldn't take
> too long, since the wd33c93 driver's there, just need to adjust some addresses..

I had the same problem some time ago and rebooting a server lets client
pass that 'building databases..' step. Seems that's something locked on
the server side. I meant to look on the problem but it disappeared after
rebuilding newer kernel for server machine(it was 3-4 months back, I can
check exact version if you're interested). Anyway look on the server and
hope this helps.

Regards,
	Andrey