Subject: Re: NetBSD on IP20
To: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
From: Erik Reid <reide@darkest.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/14/2002 17:38:30
Quoth Gerald heinig:
>Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I also got my hands on:
>>                    System: IP20
>>                 Processor: R4000 50 Mhz, with FPU
>>      Primary I-cache size: 8 Kbytes
>>      Primary D-cache size: 8 Kbytes
>>      Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
>>               Memory size: 64 Mbytes
>>                  Graphics: GR2-XS
>>                 SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)
>>
>> what's the status of NetBSD on this machine ?
>> I didn't find much on the mailing list archives. There are a few ifdef in
>> the kernel sources for IP20 but no kernel config file (if someone has one,
>> please send :)
>
>Hi Manuel,
>
>I reached userland on the night of 9/11 2001, so understandably my post
>was ignored :-(
>Anyways, it gets to userland and you can run commands from the console
>such as ls but not much else. It's some problem with processes not being
>able to detach themselves. I didn't investigate further after trying in
>vain to get a serial console working, since I had too much to do looking
>for a job. I sent my mods to Erik Reid, but I dunno how far he's got.
>I'll start work on it again when my job situation is sorted (which
>should be in about 2 weeks).
>You're welcome to mail any questions.

Got the serial console working, but haven't been able to get the ethernet
or scsi to work on my machine yet.  I think there were some driver changes in
the last few months that made it not work anymore, but I can't remember, and I'm
currently without serial cable or head.  I'll get my serial cable back real
soon, but if someone else wants to play with it, lemme know and I'll send you
what I've got.