Subject: Re: NetBSD on IP20
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/13/2002 22:37:39
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Hi,
> I also got my hands on:
>                    System: IP20
>                 Processor: R4000 50 Mhz, with FPU
>      Primary I-cache size: 8 Kbytes
>      Primary D-cache size: 8 Kbytes
>      Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
>               Memory size: 64 Mbytes
>                  Graphics: GR2-XS
>                 SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)
>
> what's the status of NetBSD on this machine ?
> I didn't find much on the mailing list archives. There are a few ifdef in
> the kernel sources for IP20 but no kernel config file (if someone has one,
> please send :)

Hi Manuel,

I reached userland on the night of 9/11 2001, so understandably my post
was ignored :-(
Anyways, it gets to userland and you can run commands from the console
such as ls but not much else. It's some problem with processes not being
able to detach themselves. I didn't investigate further after trying in
vain to get a serial console working, since I had too much to do looking
for a job. I sent my mods to Erik Reid, but I dunno how far he's got.
I'll start work on it again when my job situation is sorted (which
should be in about 2 weeks).
You're welcome to mail any questions.

Gerald