Subject: Re: Serial consoles
To: Robert Boehne <rboehne@kwom.com>
From: Ken Wills <kenwills@tds.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/25/2002 15:35:39
--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

A Macintosh style MiniDin->DB9 null-modem cable will also work, if you just=
 want to buy one.
(I've used mac modem cables in conjunction with ordinary null-modem cables,=
 and that
works fine too.) I can find both of these very cheap at my local pc store.

Make sure you 'set console d1' in the prom. (set -p to make it permanant).

Ken

+++ Martin aus Mainz [23/02/02 10:27 +0100]:

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--