Subject: Testing Indigo^2
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/03/2002 16:01:02
Ok, I'm not the fastest, but it's hard to find time sometimes :) I
finally got around to downloading the ISO/bootcd from mrynet.com (the
20011222 snapshot?) and try to boot it on my Indigo^2.

Worked quite well, booted to Installer, picked up most of the hardware -
just missed the 100mb card - newfs'ed my HD fine but I was unable to
unpack the sets.

Initially I just tried from cdrom, but reading the documentation, that
ofcourse isn't supposed to work. Tried the unmounted fs but it fails. I
get errors such as (out of order, gets messy inside installer).

CD0(wdsc1:0:2:0) Check Condition on CDB: 0x08 00 00 01 01 00
ASC/ASCQ: Logical Block Address Out of Range
Sense Key: Illegal Request
cd0: error reading disklabel

Suepended out and tried all sorts of mount_ffs combinations but just
couldn't get it to party. I will arrange to fetch the sets and try
FTP'ing instead (just need to re-plug in the 10b ethernet)..

But that's just a small snag, it boots, probes and runs, brilliant work
people.

Lund

--
Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>