Subject: Re: O2 doesn't boot
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/03/2002 20:35:30
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:11:23PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> It should not be a hard job to tailour NetBSD/sgimips for RM5200,  I think.

O2 support is very broken:

* The walk-the-ARC-tree-for-cache-detection code does not work properly,
* watchdog is turned on too early, breaking console settings slower than
  38400,
* PCI code handles memory space mapping but not IO space mapping, breaking
  most ethernet cards,
* interrupt masks are incorrect,
* interrupt handler is very spooky and frequently deadlocks the machine.

There's more that's wrong, but that's an executive overview.  Adding the proper
logic for a 5200 won't result in a working machine.

I've fixed #2 and mostly fixed #4 and #5 from the above list, have worked around
#1 and found a card that will mitigate #3, but my O2 will still fall over three
times out of five once interrupts are turned on.

Is anyone else working on fixing the O2 support?  I'll send what I have to
interested parties.

-- Chris