Subject: Re: sgimips binary packaging and bootables
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor <staylor@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/24/2001 14:36:53
Hi Jorgen,

> "Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor" wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I'm back from holiday, and was about to recommence work on the
> > packaging for binary bootables and such.
> >
> > However, anoncvs, ftp and the web at netbsd.org all seem unreachable.
> > Anyone have any info on the situation?
> >
> > As for feedback I've received on my preliminary test distribution
> > sent out before I left, I see the following issues:
> >
> > o       ECOFF support needed for Challenge S machines.
>
> Ironically, I finally found time to try it out today, but I got about as
> far as someone else on this list, with the MISEB situation. I^2 IP22
> R4400. I've yet to try the ECOFF netbootable one.

>From what I recall from previous conversation on the list, it looks
like the ECOFF kernel I made might be horked nonetheless.  I recall
something about the endianness still being wrong after being generated.
I'll look into this right away.

> I did not do any setenv in the PROM, I just interrupted it, and issues
> the boot cdrom command from the monitor prompt. I assume that makes no
> difference? (I have a head on the sgi, no serial...)

This definately won't be successful...  Only serial consoles are supported
as the gfx boards haven't been coded for.

> Sorry I was little use.. :)

Likewise :)

Cheers,
-scott