Subject: Re: sgimips binary packaging and bootables
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
From: Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor <staylor@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/24/2001 14:33:47
Hi Rafal,

> In message <200111241936.fAOJang07274@mrynet.com>, you write:
>
> -> I've not received mail back from the author of sgivol releasing this
> -> software to be integrated into the NetBSD project, so I'll have to
> -> presume that I should pursue other means for modifying the SGI
> -> Volume Header.  I'll look at integrating dhvutil this weekend.  Has
> -> anyone else come up with a boot program to go into the SGI header?
>
> sgivol is now part of the sgimips standalone software in sys/arch/sgimips/
> stand.  Jason Thorpe brought it into the tree sometime in the last week.

That's great.  I really like the simplicity of sgivol.

> -> As soon as I can get onto anoncvs and update my tree, I'll do a final
> -> cleanup on the code I do have available and put it up with another
> -> release snapshot for boot testing and usage.
>
> This looks to be a routing issue, as I've had the same problem and others
> have also reported issues.

Yes, definately a routing (or down hub) issue.  Unfortunate for me, as
I've thought about a lot of ideas while away (BAD BAD thing to do on
vacation :).

I'll just sit tight until I can get my tree in sync, and meanwhile see
what other concepts I can implement.

Regards,
-scott