Subject: sgimips binary packaging and bootables
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor <staylor@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/24/2001 13:36:49
Hi all,
I'm back from holiday, and was about to recommence work on the
packaging for binary bootables and such.

However, anoncvs, ftp and the web at netbsd.org all seem unreachable.
Anyone have any info on the situation?

As for feedback I've received on my preliminary test distribution
sent out before I left, I see the following issues:

o       ECOFF support needed for Challenge S machines.
o       Probably O2 support (I've been told there are people running
        on the O2s)
o       Some funky stuff in the sysinst program regarding partitioning
o       cleanup and integration of all this into the NetBSD tree.

I've not received mail back from the author of sgivol releasing this
software to be integrated into the NetBSD project, so I'll have to
presume that I should pursue other means for modifying the SGI
Volume Header.  I'll look at integrating dhvutil this weekend.  Has
anyone else come up with a boot program to go into the SGI header?

As soon as I can get onto anoncvs and update my tree, I'll do a final
cleanup on the code I do have available and put it up with another
release snapshot for boot testing and usage.

Thanks to everyone who tested out the first codes so far.

Regards,
-scott