Subject: Re: ram filesystem kernel, install tools, cdimage, etc
To: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/12/2001 22:45:02
In message <200111121730.fACHUmZ29037@mrynet.com>, you write:

-> I've succeeded in building NetBSD/sgimips ram filesystem kernel,
-> sysinst, installation disk images and a bootable cdimage for
-> installation.  I'm testing all of this as-we-speak.

Wow, cool!  The beer's in the mail!

-> I'd like to ensure that I'm not duplicating anyone's efforts
-> before I make any of this available.

I haven't heard of anyone working on this, but then I hadn't heard
of your efforts until now 8-)

-> I hope to have things "alpha" tested by this next weekend
-> and will put them up for ftp locally (I'm not very involved
-> with the NetBSD team necessarily).
->
-> Does anyone with commit privs and access to the NetBSD site
-> have time to work with me on any possible submissions of
-> changes and FTP files to the NetBSD/sgimips project?  I
-> could really use some help and guidance with how to submit
-> work I've done.

The first thing to do is file your changes as a PR.  This way,
regardless of people's time/interest/... constraints, you know
it won't fall through the cracks.

That said, I'll give you a yell off-list and we should be able
to coordinate something.... I've been busy and think it's about
to get worse, but it would be real shame to pass up some real
install tools!

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net