Subject: Re: SCSI Problems with -current
To: None <hendrik@scholz.net>
From: Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@perikles.toppoint.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/07/2001 19:29:49
Hi!

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:29:32 +0100
Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@perikles.toppoint.de> wrote:
[....]
> Starting file system checks:
> /dev/rsd0a: file system is clean; not checking
> CANNOT READ: BLK 16
> /dev/rsd0d: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
> /dev/rsd1a: file system is clean; not checking
> CANNOT READ: BLK 16
> /dev/rsd1d: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
> THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEMS HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
>         ffs: /dev/rsd0d (/tmp), ffs: /dev/rsd1d (/var)
> Automatic file system check failed; help!

I found the problem. I did a sup-update of the source files and thus was
using the unpatched sources to build the kernel (no rw access).
With the patches everything is fine.

Btw: I tried building some packages but some (net/ncftp3, chat/irssi)
didn't compile because they don't know the "mipseb" arch.
In the config.sub files I found "mipsbe". Adding mipseb to the lists
in the config.sub works in that cases.

I asked if I could help improving the port a week ago. Due to the fact
that I have no experience in writing drivers and personaly don't need them
because I want to use my Indy as some kind of server I though about helping
writing a FAQ or tutorial if that is needed. I contacted the official port
maintainer some time ago but did not get any response.

CU, Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz <hendrik@scholz.net>
http://www.toppoint.de/~hscholz/