Subject: Indy Bootstrap problems
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Boehne <rboehne@kwom.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/29/2001 00:21:15
Hello,

I'm new to the list but I'm very close!  I've gotten one of my Indy's
to begin to boot the ip22 kernel snapshot, which then prints
a message like:
Obtaining /netbsd.ip22.elf from server 192.168.200.1
IOC rev 1, machine Indy (Guiness), board rev 3

At this point the machine sits idle for a minute or two, then it
power-cycles itself!  When it comes back up the PROM often
has the MAC address reset to somthing new and different.

I had the same result with the netbsd.ip22 kernel, the ip32
kernel complained that it didn't have enough space to load.

My other Indy is running Irix 6.5, and it refuses to give me
the option of going to the PROM when it is powered up.
Anyone know what that is about?

Thanks,

Robert Boehne