Subject: Re: News & Installation ideas
To: Petri Tapio Koistinen <pkoistin@cs.stadia.fi>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/06/2001 01:41:20
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Petri Tapio Koistinen wrote:
> These question are FAQ stuff and should be explained there.

The questions you raised are not NetBSD-specific, and should be answered
in your fantastic Irix/SGI-machine manual.

As far as I understand (which is not much, I'm NOT a SGI guru!), there is
a small partition that contains the boot loader (e.g. sash) that needs to
be populated with something that can load a NetBSD kernel. See partition
e(?) of your NetBSD/sgimips disklabel. :-)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/