Subject: Re: IP26
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/24/2001 05:14:35
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>On July 23, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
>> consensus also seemed to be that few enough of these machines existed to
>> justify a porting effort.  You're more likely to see a port to IMPACT
>
>  This has never been a philosophy of NetBSD.  Witness the PC532,
>Cobalt, Netwinder, and the BeBox ports.

I didn't mean to imply it as a philosophy, only as a reality.
As has been expressed elsewhere in this thread the prospects of this
machine being supported are slim to none.  As always, if a volunteer
turns up who is willing to do the work, then yes, I'm certain NetBSD
would include the work.  But realistically that won't happen for the
r8k.  If it does I'll buy that person a beer, some ibuprofen, and
perhaps get their head checked.  ;-)

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.  Instead
of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit
their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one
of the facts that needs altering.
	- Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"