Subject: Re: State of sgimips/Indy port?
To: Colin Surprenant <colins@videotron.ca>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/10/2001 11:24:16
--==_Exmh_-364028992P

In message <001d01c10953$4aacd1e0$4700000a@colin.com>, you write:

-> I see that the Indy (IP22) is now supported and that core devices (Ethernet,
-> SCSI, serial) are also supported.

SCSI is *not* yet supported.

-> What is the state of that port? Is it stable enough for production use?
-> (NFS server, Apache, BIND, Sendmail). Has IPFilter been tested yet?

I think there are still some issues (some seem to be generic to the MIPS
platforms), but even so, it doesn't make a good server without some form
of disk support 8-)

Jason and I have both done complete userland builds, so it's good enough
to self-host but I haven't actually used it for anything other than hacking.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
    Need to get a hold of me?  http://800.edial.com/rafal.boni@eDial.com

--==_Exmh_-364028992P

--==_Exmh_-364028992P--