Subject: newbie question, serial console
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: julien maerten <julien@iside.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/02/2001 16:12:36
Hi all,

I'm trying to boot netbsd.ip22 on my Indy (r4400 200mhz, 128M, 24bit
newport), and all seems to run well (got the first boot messages in the
PROM), except that I can't see anything on my serial console. In fact,
It's a common peecee with a serial communication software, linked to the
sgi serial port with a mac style serial cable.
I'd like to know if there is particular settings for the serial
communication, or a particular procedure to follow, as there is no
documentation about this.
I'm using netbsd.ip22 kernel from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/ .

Thanx in advance for your help

ps. can you cc me please, I'm not on the list

Julien Maerten
Responsable développement Unix / Open Source

iSide
55-57 rue de Montreuil, 75011 Paris - France
Tel  : +33 (0)1 46 59 43 00
Fax : +33 (0)1 46 59 20 20