Subject: Re: watchdog reset?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/11/2001 07:27:40
In message <20010610223254.C25746@dr-evil.shagadelic.org>, you write:

-> On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 09:49:05PM -0700, Chuck Silvers wrote:
->
->  > is there a watchdog timer on the Indigo2?  whenever I drop into ddb,
->  > the machine resets itself 82 seconds later.  how can I disable this?
->
-> Yes, and it's annoying.  Do we know how to disable it?

Yeah, in fact it's on by design more or less; I have a feeling it should
probably now be ripped out since I just put special-cased code into
my local tree to turn it off in cpu_Debugger() a few days ago (which
seems like the Wrong Thing since cpu_Debugger() is generic across all
MIPS ports).

I'll rip it out (or ifdef it appropriately so it is off by default) if
that's the consensus.  Or is there a more MD way to turn stuff like
that off on entry to DDB?

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
    Need to get a hold of me?  http://800.edial.com/rafal.boni@eDial.com