Subject: Re: Will an Indigo R4400 work?
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/07/2001 20:00:27
On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 09:13:12PM +0100, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

 > Don't suppose anyone know where to get the kernel? I've backup my I^2
 > and I'm ready to test load the kernel, and went looking for it. Could
 > only find snapshots from way earlier in the year so I guess I have to
 > cross compile them? Seems "involved" :) I can either do it under IRIX?
 > or with my sparc running NetBSD?
 >
 > Or does someone have a kernel IP22 that I can "borrow" ?

Okay, I've uploaded the kernels I'm using, that include all of Rafal's
latest fixes:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/netbsd.ip22
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/netbsd.ip22.elf

The first is one that can be netbooted by the ARCS firmware, using the
command:

	boot bootp():/netbsd.ip22

For userland, you might consider using the latest newsmips snapshot.  I
might build an sgimips snapshot soon'ish, as soon as my Indy finishes
self-hosting a -current build.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>