Subject: Indy snapshot/crosscompiler available
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/28/2001 12:28:50
On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 10:15:13AM +0200, Gerald Heinig wrote:

> There's no scsi driver for these machines yet (well, certainly not that I
> know of - someone, possibly Rafal, might have started one).

I'm working on it.  No ETA, as I need to knock more bugs out of the indy
support before I can go any further.

> the Indy/Indigo2 port is pretty much "just out of the oven".

After an intense weekend, I think I've worked around a lot of the stuff that
was killing the ip22 (for my indy, anyway).  I've placed a binary snapshot at
ftp://ftp.tlug.gr.jp/pub/NetBSD/sgimips.  It was built from 1.5V-20010513
sources, contains both an ip22 and an ip32 kernel (the former has been running
on my indy for three days without crashing, the latter is untested).

Also in that directory is a mipseb crosscompiler for a NetBSD-1.5V/i386 host.
It was not built from pkgsrc, but rather from the -current sources -- which
means that it actually produces decent binaries :)

Share and enjoy,

-- Chris