Subject: Booting NetBSD on Indy
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: None <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/25/2001 23:00:38
Ho folks,

A quick question...  I see from the port news page on netbsd.org that
support for the Indy is very much in the pipeline.  I would kill to get
NetBSD on my Indy instead of the bloated monster that is Irix, so this
definitely counts as Good Work Fellas ;-).

Anyway, I was wondering...  This 'ere Indy has a floppy drive -
does anyone
know if it is possible to boot it from such?  It's not obvious
either way
from the firmware (I know nothing about SGI firmware,) which appears to
recognise it as just-another-SCSI-device.  I guess it should
be - would this
be a way of circumventing the netbooting palaver?  If so, any ideas what
would be involved in building a boot disk?

Cheers,
Tim.