Subject: None
To: Collin Scott <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/22/2001 03:46:14
In message <>, you

-> Im a sparc owner who is just getting interested in sgi, anyway I
-> noticed that the challange s is now supported :)
-> I have a challange m, and I was wondering if it would also work?

The short answer is no.

AFAIK, nobody has made the sgimips code run very well even on the
Challenge S or Indy, so the only tested platform (for the new code,
the O2 stuff has been pretty much untouched) is the Indigo2, which
Is the only SGI box I have right now.  It shouldn't be *too* much
more work to get it working fairly well on the Indy/Challenge S,
but I believe the Challenge M/L/XL are a different breed of boxes

Rafal Boni
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
    Need to get a hold of me?