Subject: None
To: Collin Scott <sierra@cs.umn.edu>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/22/2001 03:46:14
In message <Pine.GSO.4.31.0105212116190.17206-100000@paulaner.cs.umn.edu>, you
write:

-> Im a sparc owner who is just getting interested in sgi, anyway I
-> noticed that the challange s is now supported :)
-> I have a challange m, and I was wondering if it would also work?

The short answer is no.

AFAIK, nobody has made the sgimips code run very well even on the
Challenge S or Indy, so the only tested platform (for the new code,
the O2 stuff has been pretty much untouched) is the Indigo2, which
Is the only SGI box I have right now.  It shouldn't be *too* much
more work to get it working fairly well on the Indy/Challenge S,
but I believe the Challenge M/L/XL are a different breed of boxes
altogether.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
    Need to get a hold of me?  http://800.edial.com/rafal.boni@eDial.com