Subject: Re: NetBSD on Indigo R3000???
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/05/2001 22:54:10
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 10:36:45PM +0200, Gerald Heinig wrote:
>
>  > There is an effort to port NetBSD to the Indigo R4000, but unfortunately not the R3000. Needless to say, the R4000 kernel won't run on your 3000 machine.
>  > If you're interested in porting it yourself, that'd be pretty cool, but I warn you that you'll be needing info from SGI that won't be easy to obtain.
>  >

> Plan9 runs on the R3000 indigos... that might be a good place to
> get "hardware documentation".

Yes, but can you get the source code for it? If so, where? I tried that avenue and couldn't find anything much for Mips. I downloaded the standard Plan9 release which, as far as I can remember, had
fully working source code (ie. file server, CPU server etc) only for x86 and (correct me if I'm wrong) Alpha.

If you have a pointer to the source, I'd be very interested!

Gerald