Subject: Re: cross-building userland: hints?
To: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
From: Andrey Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/05/2001 15:54:27
On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 05:21:42PM -0400, Rafal Boni wrote:
> I did a make build with all the (I think) right settings as far as the
> host-crosscompile-tools goes, and the make did pick up on things and
> use the right -nostdinc -nostdlib flags, but somehow my libraries came
> out half-baked.

Well, hard to advice anything, I'd recheck what compiler is doing
i.e -v is useful. Also there are MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH
which I think are proper set. Another thing there could be utils
(like lex, yacc ....) which might also needed to be cross.

I've my cross set up as netbsd-alpha->sparc64, I'll try to compile
something in spare time.

> - -> Is there any reason not to try snapshot?
>
> I didn't know there was one, though I'd like to actually be able to
> cross-build userland myself, so part of this is bootstrapping my
> environment, not just the NFS root.

Even cross-building excersize is so exciting:-) I do beleive that
in this situation you'll be better off using snapshot.

Good luck,
	Andrey