Subject: Re: Indigo Kernel
To: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
From: None <muhgatus@krasser-server.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/28/2001 08:38:09
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Gerald Heinig wrote:
> >I seem to remember you saying that about the Indy and Indigo R4000.... :-)
> >There are enough differences to be a pain in the arse, but it's true, they're
pretty
close.

> If I said it about the Indy and Indigo r4k, which I do not believe I
> did, I misspoke.  The comparison I had meant to make previously, and the
> one I believe I did, was between the same machines in question in this
> thread: an r3k and r4k Indigo.  Which, while granted there are
> differences, there are not tremendous differences between, aside from
> the CPU and a bit of glue.

I found yesterday on a webpage a picture showing the history of SGI boxes. The
development started with IRIS Personal Series, then was there the Indigo with
R3000(ip12) and R4000(IP20), then the split into 2 threads. On one Hand the
Indigo2(ip22 or ip20 (unsure)) and on the other hand the Indi(ip22 or 20 or
32?).

On an other webpage is printed which box got which device includes:
http://sgi.mesa-sys.com/IndigoGuild/SGI_Indigo/sgi_indigo.html

hmm in need for more information about my box ? I got the feeling my box gets an
OS first time - what a big moment in life ;)

bye
MUH!

This message was sent using the webmailer on
www.xmn-berlin.de - Visit us and have fun !