Subject: Re: Indigo Kernel
To: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/27/2001 16:06:57
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Gerald Heinig wrote:

>I'm working on an Indigo R4000 port at the moment. I don't know if anyone's doing an R3000 port. My guess is, no.
>So it looks like you'll have to hack a kernel yourself... :-)
>
>That's all there is at the moment, as far as I know.

IIRC the hardware in the two machines is nearly identical except for the
CPU.  There is already r3k support in the mips tree, so if the r4k IRIS
Indigo port is done, it should be trivial to get an r3k version going.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a