Subject: Re: Next sgimips commit
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/07/2001 21:00:36
In message <20010208012021.E14937@gnyf.wheel.dk>, Soren wrote:

-> > Another problem for me is the absolute addresses floating around
-> > in machdep.c: not all of their functions are commented,
->
-> I know, sorry. RSN..

Heh, I was wondering on this topic as well, though I assumed everything
there was O2-centric and ripped most of it out to a separate function
only called on IP32-class machines.

Having gotten a kernel to boot and spin doing nothing, I'm off to read
docs and figure out all the things I need to configure to get hardware
interrupts configured/delivered.

I am curious whether I could shove an ISA NIC into the EISA slot in my
I2 and use that as a way to get maybe root-on-NFS going easier (similar
to the use-a-PCI-NIC way you've bootstrapped the O2's).  I have a load
of ISA NICs, but if I need a real EISA nic, then I'd actually have to
go find/buy/trade for one.

-> > so I've no idea what they're supposed to do. If you could point
-> > me to docs for the O2 hardware so I can figure them out myself,
->
-> Unfortunately, O2 is not publicly available. However, Irix
-> /usr/include/sys/*.h is a useful reference.

Mmm.  Time to get access to a modern Irix, methinks.  My I2 only has
5.3 and I doubt that has any O2 specific stuff.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
    Need to get a hold of me?  http://800.edial.com/rafal.boni@eDial.com