Subject: Indigo kernel downloads, boots w/ FreeBSD, not NetBSD
To: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/02/2001 18:28:32
Rafal Boni wrote:

> Not I just need to find out why the heck my PROM times out TFTP'ing large
> files, as otherwise I'm stuck writing things into the volume header.  Also,
> anyone here have a quick lesson on reading the tracebacks, or why they're
> purely numeric?

I get a similar problem trying to tftp a kernel from NetBSD on my PC. The identical setup on FreeBSD works fine. Sounds
like NetBSD tftp is, um, special :-)

Anyways, my Indigo kernel now boots and crashes with a panic at pcierr. I'll check that out.

About the numeric tracebacks: don't know whether it's relevant here, but surely if the kernel is stripped (as mine is,
by elf2ecoff), you lose all your symbols. Or does that only apply to userland progs?

Cheers,

Gerald