Subject: Re: Update re: Booting on I2/wierd ARCS memory issues
To: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
From: Jeff Smith <jeffs@atheros.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/01/2001 23:55:38
Rafal Boni wrote:

> Not I just need to find out why the heck my PROM times out TFTP'ing large
> files, as otherwise I'm stuck writing things into the volume header.  Also,
> anyone here have a quick lesson on reading the tracebacks, or why they're
> purely numeric?

ddb depends on elf loader loading enough of the symbol table to be
happy.  This is obvously a good feature.  The best approach is
probably to write a new ARCS loader that uses libsa to load
the elf file with the symbols correctly done.

There is also a scheme to load the symbol table into an array
but it seemed to have not been used in a while.

jeffs