Subject: Info for IP20 port
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/20/2000 00:40:56
Hi all,

I've just subscribed to this list and I've seen there are a few people like me who are interested in an Indigo R4000
port.
I'd like to have a stab at this and see how far I get. I've had a look at the sources and it seems like the locore.S
files are for generic MIPS machines. Am I correct in assuming this is where the system starts?
Also, how do I find out stuff about the firmware? What type of firmware is used and how do I access the calls? Is there
any info around on the web about these older SGI machines?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Gerald