Subject: Re: Would the current snapshot run on Indy hardware?
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wasabisystems.com>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/01/2000 10:14:04
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:36:57PM +0100, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
>> The web page mentions O2 computers. I have an old Indy, with R4600
>> processor. Would it work?
>
>Not yet.
>
>> Moreover, it has a Phobos E100 ethernet card. Would it be recognised
>> and used?
>
>Nope. BTW, could you post a list of the chips that are on the
>Phobos board?

I've got one at home in my r4k Indigo and I'd be glad to help you out in
that regard.  I remember searching for the ethernet controller online a
while ago and seem to remember it being a chip that had partial
support under another NetBSD port.  I'll look when I get home tonight
and let you know.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a