Subject: Re: bootp() on an Indigo2 (with R4k)
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Bachtel <sebastion@irelandmail.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/23/2000 10:46:33
> > Cannot load bootp()/boot.netbsd.
> > Unable to execute bootp()/boot.netbsd
> >
> > (I get a TFTP file not found error when doing
> > bootp()/tftpboot/boot.netbsd, so I assume I'm actually getting the
> > file with the above command).
>
> I think your right.  What does file boot.netbsd say.  If it's
> an ELF file, and you have an older prom you may need to run
> sash first.

Just as an odd note, while experimenting with bootp/tftp, I found that
I didn't get errors any different while trying to get a nonexistent
file, in the same relative directory.

So, I ran through sash, and got:
Text start 0x2000, size 0x130158 doesn't fit in a FreeMemory area.
Unable to execute bootp()/boot.netbsd: not enough space

Does this indicate a problem with the compile of the snapshot? (if so,
I can try to get source and cross-compile tools to see about building
another kernel)

> Another way to see if it's loaded is to "setenv DEBUG 1" then
> do your bootp.  If I remember this will give a lot of output
> that may help you realize what is going on.

*nod* thank you, that and the idea to use sash helped a bunch :)

> > Also, if I understand correctly, I'll only be able to access NetBSD
> > via a serial console, what values should I set ConsoleOut and
> > ConsoleIn to via setenv to do this?
>
> Yes, "setenv console d" will do what you want.
>
> jeffs

jeff