Subject: Re: bootp() on an Indigo2 (with R4k)
To: Jeff Bachtel <sebastion@irelandmail.com>
From: Jeff Smith <jeffs@geocast.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/23/2000 08:28:37
Jeff Bachtel wrote:

> Cannot load bootp()/boot.netbsd.
> Unable to execute bootp()/boot.netbsd
>
> (I get a TFTP file not found error when doing
> bootp()/tftpboot/boot.netbsd, so I assume I'm actually getting the
> file with the above command).

I think your right.  What does file boot.netbsd say.  If it's
an ELF file, and you have an older prom you may need to run
sash first.

Another way to see if it's loaded is to "setenv DEBUG 1" then
do your bootp.  If I remember this will give a lot of output
that may help you realize what is going on.

> Also, if I understand correctly, I'll only be able to access NetBSD
> via a serial console, what values should I set ConsoleOut and
> ConsoleIn to via setenv to do this?

Yes, "setenv console d" will do what you want.

jeffs