Subject: Re: SGI INDY
To: Stacy Vinson <svinson@greenlynk.com>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/19/2000 14:53:13
On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Stacy Vinson wrote:

>	Hi Guys I just got my hands on a INDY and was hoping to run netbsd on it
>but it looks like the port is not that far along yet :(
>so I guess I'll have to run Linux on it for a bit
>but any way what I'm looking for is the tools or utils to set up the disk I
>think it's called FX ?? any one willing to share these or point me to a
>place where I can find a copy

You might be able to find a standalone copy of fx on ftp.sgi.com if you
don't have IRIX media.  Either way you're going to need to boot into the
command monitor from the boot prom and use a boot command to load up
standalone fx from some sort of media.  For an example of how to boot fx
off of media look here:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_bin/ebt-bin/0650/nph-infosrch.cgi/infosrchtpl/SGI_EndUser/Octane_OG/@InfoSearch__BookTextView/9847?DwebQuery=standalone%2Band%2Bfx

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying